With Dorian aiming at our Central Florida Coast, there is no time like the present. Here are tips to make sure you are safe. The better we plan the better the outcome!
- Stock up on batteries and water now. Check your flashlights. Are they in working order?
- Who is putting up your hurricane shutters? Securing outside furniture?
- Have an evacuation plan in place.
- Do you live in Zone A? (Barrier Islands, Merritt Island, low lying areas) You are the first to be ordered to evacuate so it is VITAL to have a plan in place. Where will you go? How will you get there? Do not wait until a storm is on the horizon. Hotel rooms go very quickly. If you do not have a friend or family member to stay with, seriously consider registering for a special needs shelter. The application is attached and can also be completed online.
- If you live in any other area of Brevard County, you can still lose power or be subject to wind damage or flooding. What will you do if you lose power? Where else can you stay?
- Emergency Supplies – Having a checklist to go by before storm helps to ease the process. Stock essentials including:
- 3-5 day supply of non-perishable food
- Prescription medications
- Personal hygiene supplies – soap, toothpaste, etc.
- Disposable cleaning cloths (Baby wipes) come in handy when the power is out.
- (5) Gallons of water per person
- Important papers such as insurance policies, wills, licenses, stocks, etc.
We have learned from the storms over the years that you cannot over prepare. During Irma and Matthew, hotels were completely booked at least five days before the storm. Many waited until the last minute to evacuate in hopes the storms would not come, only to be left without anywhere to go. Make a reservation, you can always cancel. Please prepare now. To enjoy peace of mind, have a plan in place that will minimize your stress and anxiety.
While we do our very best to meet everyone’s needs please note that once a state of emergency has been announced our office will have limited services. We must prioritize our folks in mandatory evacuation zones and those with special needs. We also need to give our employees time to prepare their homes and our office itself. Thank you for your patience and understanding during these times.
Please call with any questions. Our primary concern is keeping our seniors safe.
Senior Care Brevard Senior Care Melbourne In home care Melbourne In home care Palm Bay In home care In home care 32940 32935 - Melbourne, FL 32934 - Melbourne, FL 32904 - Melbourne, FL 32901 - Melbourne, FL 32903 - Indialantic, FL 32905 - Palm Bay, FL 32937 - Satellite Beach, FL 32907 - Palm Bay, FL 32952 - Merritt Island, FL 32940 - Melbourne, FL 32950 - Malabar, FL 32908 - Palm Bay, FL 32909 - Palm Bay, FL 32955 - Rockledge, FL 32951 - Melbourne Beach, FL